The TOWN HALL – the next stage

The Hall passed into private hands, but later was purchased and given to the town as The Town Hall in 1557

In common with many Medieval towns the Bailiff rolled all of the property into charities

Prior to 1970 it was the Town Lands and Endowed School Charity, but this was divided to ease the administration of the intertwined activities. The Endowed School continues as a separate body.